Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Turning Two Charlie and Lola Style

Geesh, it sure has taken me a long time to get to this. I was ready to post my Easter stuff but realized I can't do that until I get this B-day stuff out of the way first.

So June's birthday was a big deal this year. I mean, birthday's should ALWAYS be a big deal! And we had fun making it a big deal. Here are lots and lots of pictures to prove it (and this is only from the friend party, there were two more days of celebrating after this that I have yet to post about).

Here is the prep for the cute little flower crayons I made.

Some turned out, most did not. Note to self, do not run the molds under hot water after taking them out of the freezer.

Here are the treat bags filled with the above flower crayons, charlie and lola paperdolls, bubbles, a gummy butterfly, a silly bandz butterfly or some other insect, a pinwheel, and I can't remember what else.
I made these pinwheels, I was so pleased with how they turned out.
Got the idea from Pebbles in my Pocket.

These are images from the "Pin the Flower on Lola" activity we did, which for some reason scared the bejeebers out of the kids. Weird, and funny!


Aaron drew that pic of Lola all by himself. Such talent!

Maisy was there...
And so was Olive of course!



We decorated some pots and then planted some daisy seeds in the pots. This comes from the Charlie and Lola episode and book "I really wonder what plant I'm growing".



Then we had "The Most Wonderfullest Picnic" with pink milk of course! And other such things.

Birthday Girl! Good thing I put that bib on her. She's the only one that spilled her pink milk!


Tissue paper fun!




She made out like a bandit! I mean, two-year-old gifts are so simple and fun. We've gone through all the bubbles and sidewalk chalk but I have yet to introduce the Play-Doh. I'm just waiting for the right time, when I feel ready to clean up a huge mess.

2 comments:

Carrie Hellewell said...

It was a pretty rockin' party. And Peter still carries around his "charlie" doll.

Zach and Codi said...

Love the pinwheels!! You're such a fabulous mommy! I love that show, it's so cute! Your girls are so cute!